Hey guys, have we become to depend on our smartphone? People no longer try to have conversations with people because they're too busy looking at the latest trend in social media or looking at how many likes
you got on Instagram. We no longer need to remember crucial information because
we can easily save it on our phones. Our smartphones are a wonderful tool but it’s changing us. It's making us into beings that no longer need
to interact with people. We can easily
order things with our smartphone and have them believed to our houses. When we're with people we text and do millions of
things on our phones. We are losing part of our identity
since we no longer interact with people. I remember a time when I used to walk
into a classroom and see mostly everyone
have a conversation but now when I walk into a classroom
it's dead silent. Everyone is one their
phones either watching videos or using social media. I’m not saying that the smartphone is the devil but I think we should
strive to stop using it so often and enjoy nature's
wonders. Instead of using your phone talk to someone. You never know what you
might learn from the individual, you might want to talk to this person for
often and in doing so you build a relationship.
That is it for today guy until next time..

I completely agree with you on this and our class is very guilty of doing this! Instagram and Facebook are very addicting for some reason, and it gets to the point where ill spend more time on my phone then on doing my homework. I've erased the instagram and facebook app for that reason but from time to time I still find myself going back to it to see "what's going in the world".
ReplyDeleteI also deleted all my social media because of how addicting it was and I was surprised to find out how much more time I had. It is such an easy way to distract yourself from stressful situations like homework, or in regards to the blog, being social.
DeleteSocial media is nice because of how connected people can become, but at the end of the day physical communication is much better for our health. I remember reading about how reading people's feeds where they only talk about what's good in their lives can help make people depressed in their own lives and that's such a sad thing to hear.
ReplyDeleteI notice that when I take a step back from Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and YouTube, I find myself caring a lot more about the important issues in life. I notice all of the people around me, and I am instilled with a desire to know them and treat them like people instead of obstacles in my way. I am definitely guilty of being apathetic and boxing myself into my own little antisocial, social media world. I'm glad that others notice the benefits of cutting the entertainment back too.
ReplyDeleteI notice that when I take a step back from Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and YouTube, I find myself caring a lot more about the important issues in life. I notice all of the people around me, and I am instilled with a desire to know them and treat them like people instead of obstacles in my way. I am definitely guilty of being apathetic and boxing myself into my own little antisocial, social media world. I'm glad that others notice the benefits of cutting the entertainment back too.
ReplyDeleteMichael--Your new entries are pretty good. You have some good thoughts and ideas and content. Pretty good development and engagement with your audience. Keep digging and analyzing. Also, think about the visual appeal/arrangement of your text.
ReplyDelete