On Saturday 7, 2017 boxing fans were promised a battle between arguably Mexico's top fighter Canelo Alvarez against Chavez Jr the son of legendary fight Julio Cesar Chavez. There was a lot of hype around this fight because we would finally find out who is Mexicos top fighter. Jr promised fan that he would finally stop playing around and actually train, unlike previous fights. Fans were excited to see a well trained Chavez Jr against Canelo Alvarez. On fight night fans were disappointed with Jr's performance since he barely threw any punches. It seemed that Canelo was a speed bag and Jr was a punching bag. Canelo on the other side looked very powerful and sharp.
I started to think and thought what if Jr threw the fight. I know this sounds like I'm just making an excuse for him losing but think about it. Right after the judges gave the unanimous decision stating that Canelo won it was announced that Canelo would finally be fighting Gennady Golovkin.
I really like this post because this is what everyone was talking about. My boyfriend's family was going crazy over this fight!
ReplyDeleteMichael--Pretty good new entries. You have room to keep digging and developing, but you are connecting and engaging well.
ReplyDelete