Skip to main content

Entry #6. Canelo's time


   Yesterday boxing fan was able to witness another spectacular performance from the Mexican superstar Canelo Alvarez. Alvarez faced undefeated British fighter Liam Smith for the WBO lightweight championship of the world. Canelo didn’t let the people down, dropping Liam in the 9th round via a monstrous body shot. Liam was knocked out and couldn’t continue. My respect goes to Liam because he came to fight and he did. He gave Canelo a fight trading blows with him. If Liam had more power in his hands there might have been a different winner. Canelo showcased his superior boxing skills, but is he ready for Golovkin? What if it was Golovkin hitting Canelo? After the fight, he was asked about the fight with Golovkin and Canelo said,

“I fear no man. I was born for this and even though many people may not like it, I'm the best fighter now...we're ready for him. About a month ago, we offered GGG three or four times as much to make the fight. I'm 26 years old and I'm the best at this time, long live Mexico."


Golovkin shot back saying, “I didn't expect that Smith punched so hard and that @Canelo would talk that nonsense after the fight”.
Will we finally get to see these two in the ring?, Hopefully negations go well since that’s the only thing that is holding this fight from happening. 

Comments

  1. Michael--Your new entries are looking good. You have some thoughtful analysis and connections. Keep digging and connecting. Don't be too brief. Good visual appeal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment